Wednesday I was off from work so I took advantage of the day and did most of my cooking/prep work for Thanksgiving that day. Garrett also had a preschool Thanksgiving party that morning so he went to preschool which allowed me to get a lot accomplished. Here he is sitting at his table all ready to celebrate Thanksgiving with his friends!
Well the big day arrived and we started our day off by visiting a nursing home up the road to say hi to the residents that may not have had the opportunity to see family for the holiday. The boys enjoyed being made over by all the ladies. We even met a sweet lady that was 93 years old! We look forward to visiting another time.
Next up...eating! I cooked my first turkey this year and it turned out pretty well. Again this year I took advantage of my 3 crock-pot cooker and did sweet potato casserole, green beans, and corn pudding. We all seemed to enjoy the yummy food. Since we hosted it at our house the boys were able to take a short nap.
After naptime we enjoyed playing a few competitive games ...candy land and chutes and ladders. Garrett was on a winning streak and won both games! Here are a few pictures of us just hanging out and having fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment