Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Valentines Day!

My Favorite Holiday :)  I just LOVE LOVE LOVE to tell the ones that I love so dearly that I love them!  I think Valentine's Day should be every day!

I tried my very best to make this years extra special.  I had found a recipe for an entire Valentine's meal and was so excited to try it.  I began by making a buttermilk cake with a chocolate glaze.  Well as I'm getting the ingredients ready to make the cake I guess I was slightly distracted but I put a whole pound of butter in the mixer when I only needed 1 stick!  Luckily I caught that mistake before it was too late.  Then I mixed the batter and poured it in the floured pans and then I remembered I forgot to add in a few more things in the batter to make the flour self rising flour...so I decided it will be alright and that we will just have a short cake.  When the cake was finished it was very short but it still tasted fine.  So the next day I went to make the chocolate glaze and it just would not thicken up and I was being impatient standing over the stove for about 20 minutes stirring all the while trying to entertain Garrett.  Needless to say we just ended up having a buttermilk short cake with chocolate sauce.  The Valentine special dinner misshaps had only just begun.  I had marinated a pork tenderloin the night before and was ready to put it on the grill.  I turned the grill on and then checked it about 5 minutes later and guess what!  We were out of propane!  I ended up putting the tenderloin in the oven to broil and gave up on making homemade creamy mashed potatoes and fixed a bag of steamable veggies.  All in all the dinner still turned out nice, Tom and Garrett both ate it!  But it sure did make a memory!  Maybe I'll have better luck next time!  :)

My lovely Valentine surprised me with chocolate covered strawberries from Sheri's Berries!  What a treat!


Garrett enjoyed getting a few new things too!  He got a Lightning McQueen shake car and a Veggie Tale video.  He even had two special visitors.  Gaggie and Papa came and surprised Garrett with a brand new book!


No comments:

Post a Comment