Monday, May 21, 2012

It's Strawberry Time!

For the 2nd year in a row we made it to the strawberry patch.  Everyone in the Rasey household loves strawberries.  Garrett and I most likely have the greatest LOVE for strawberries but needless to say we all enjoy eating strawberries and even more so picking them!  This year Garrett took a very active role in picking strawberries!  He just loved picking and tasty these juicy berries.  Here are a few pictures of our super fun Saturday.








After we got home I quickly went to work making 4 strawberry pies.  Earlier this week our neighbors blessed us with mowing our lawn.  Unfortunately while Tom was half way through cutting the grass the lawn mower broke.  We had no idea when it would be finished getting fixed and we just accepted the fact that our yard would become a jungle, but much to our surprise our neighbors helped us out while we were at work!  So as a thank-you I made them each a strawberry pie...leaving us with 2 pies to enjoy!  I'm sad to say they didn't last that long!  For the next few mornings I would make all of us a delicious strawberry smoothie as Garrett likes to call them, "snobbies"!  I just love this time of year!  Come on summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment