Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Happy Memorial Day!

This Memorial Day we hung out with the McPhersons and we all wore blue to remember and ran 5 miles in memory of the soldiers that have sacrificed so much for our freedom.  This was the first time I have ever ran 5 miles straight.  Needless to say it was a challenge for me and around mile 3.5 I was about to give up, but just thinking of what so many people have done so I can live in a free country helped me keep going.  It wasn't a world record by any means but as always we (Tom and I) start together and we finish together.  I am so thankful for Tom encouraging me along the way!


Afterwards we enjoyed a lunch with the McPhersons and spent the rest of the day playing and having fun.  Of course we ended the day with a fabulous cookout with the Alleys and McPhersons.  Check out all of the kids!  Even Mary Cate wanted to be included in the picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment