Monday, October 15, 2012

Railroad Festival

Every year I get excited about the railroad festival.  I love watching the parade and seeing all my students from past and present around town or even in the parade.  This year I decided to help out our school float and drag Garrett along with me.  I was a little nervous to see how Garrett would do but he amazed me at how well he did for what I required of him.  Of course I had him decked out in "railroad" attire.  Before the parade we gathered at the elementary school and we played on the playground for a bit before we started our trek.  We also enjoyed reading some of the books before marching off.

Soon enough Garrett and I made our way, me pulling him in his little red wagon.  I was surprised that he actually handed out some books to a few children.  I guess he saw me pass some out some so he felt that it was ok to do so too!



He enjoyed seeing all the people and he even got to see his babysitter, Cricket.  Once the parade was over he asked "Where'd the people go?"  haha but he quickly got over it when he remembered we were heading to the HSC game next!

Garrett had  a great day!  He participated in a parade, got to see the Tigers play, and enjoyed a yummy dinner out!  Here's his latest trick...tucking his crayons behind his ear for later use!  I'm not quite sure where he got this one from but we think it's pretty hilarious!



No comments:

Post a Comment