Saturday, June 19, 2010

* DaDdY's DaY! *

Welcome to Smith Mountain Lake! Garrett and I just love daddy so much that we decided to treat him to a special day! We took Tom to Smith Mountain Lake and rode on the Virginia Dare. We enjoyed a delicious lunch as we took in the beautiful views of the lake and mountains.




















Tom really enjoyed having a day out with little man. He is such a great dad. I know Garrett will love going places and experiencing new things with his dad as he grows. He is one blessed little boy to have Tom as a dad.



Before we went outside to board the boat, a sweet little old lady walked up to Tom as he was feeding Garrett and said "I gotta touch that baby...I have a great Grandchild I haven't met yet. He is such a pretty baby..." as she was rubbing Garrett's foot. It seems that Tom's not the only one that attracts sweet little old ladies. :) Garrett's already taking after his dad!

I couldn't resist ... Tom pointed these butterflies out to me as we were waiting to get on the boat. I just love taking pictures of butterflies. :)




Garrett loved riding on the boat. I guess the sound of the water and the gentle sway of the boat made taking a nap very easy.






This is what Garrett looked like for most of our boat ride and I could have easily joined him too!

Conversations with mommy... check out Garrett's expressions as we enjoy a "conversation" with each other. He is so precious. I just can't wait till our conversations are filled with words!


This was such a special and precious day for us all. For Tom... it was his first celebration of being a daddy and a day away from Appomattox for a break! For me... a day with Tom and our sweet little boy and a day out of the house :) For Garrett... a first boat ride!


Before having Garrett, Tom and I loved going places and doing new things together. Today let me know we can still do those things with a little one. It encourages me and makes me so super excited to share the same joy we experience when we see this beautiful world God created for us with our son! Oh how I love this life!


1 comment: