After we put Garrett to bed, Tom and I had our traditional Christmas Eve steak dinner. This year it wasn't as elaborate as usual since we went to church earlier but we still enjoyed a quiet dinner together. Afterwards we put together Garrett's "big" toy so it would be ready in the morning. The past two Christmas' we were able to be with Tom's family and that was one of my favorite memories...putting together our niece and nephew's toys. As Tom's mom likes to call it "Daddy's Toy Construction Shop." Lance even joined in on the fun! I can only imagine what the toys directions will be like in the years to come!
When we are home on Christmas morning I always fix us cinnamon rolls and coffee. We all enjoyed breakfast together and then we read the Christmas story out of Luke. Next we always do stockings! Lance has always gone first! He was so excited to get his goodies and better yet his new toy. He even dropped his goody to start playing with his new toy!
Tom helped Garrett with his stocking, which was filled with two new books, which he LOVES, and yogurt melt away bites, which have become his new favorite thing to eat!
We made our way downstairs to our presents! Here are a few pictures of us enjoying our Christmas morning together.
Here's a video of Garrett trying out his new toy!
After our presents we even got to see Nina and Papa via skype. Which was so cool! It really felt like we were right there with them. We "exchanged" our Christmas presents while we chatted. Such a precious time!
Later that day we ventured out to Granddaddy and Gommy's house where there was much excitement! Garrett got to hang out with the "big kids." His cousins loved helping him play with his new toys. At one point I think I had all 3 cousins and Lance following me and Garrett around the house! It was hilarious. I felt like I had 4 shadows!!! :)
Garrett's first Christmas was filled with lots of fun and love! I am already anticipating next year's Christmas and all that it holds for our family! May the new year bring you and your family much joy!
No comments:
Post a Comment