Thursday, June 21, 2012

Happy Father's Day Tom!

This year I wanted to do something different for Tom.  He is pretty creative in planning things for my birthday and anniversary so I thought it was certainly time for me to surprise him with something extra special.  I know Tom likes to open presents but most importantly I know he LOVES to create memories by doing things.  I decided to get my parents to watch Garrett for a few hours while Tom and I kayak the James.  The day was perfect, big blue skies, and a very mild temperature.  So we ventured out to Scottsville and made our way onto the James River.  We enjoyed every mile of the 7 mile trip.


We even got to see a river otter and take on a pretty massive rapid...well not quite like Colorado but it was pretty thrilling!


Looking forward to our next adventure! We love you tons Tom and thanks for being the best father ever!


After our river trip we made it back to my parents house and we enjoyed a lazy afternoon.  That evening we ate a delicious pizza at the local pizzeria and then made our way back to their house to enjoy the watermelon cake that Garrett and I made for Granddaddy.  Boy was everyone excited to have a piece of cake!  

No comments:

Post a Comment