Tom and I both didn't adhere to Christmas "rules" this year and we both ended up surprising each other with some pretty awesome gifts. He surprised me with a super nice new camera...watch out Graham! and I surprised him by finally framing his college diploma. Who doesn't like surprise presents?!?
Friday, December 28, 2012
Merry Christmas From the Rasey's
This year we knew would be a bit more exciting on Christmas day. He even started asking for a "Christmas House" in August but we had to kindly remind him that it would soon be here. Once the time came, we let him help decorate the Christmas tree upstairs. He kept wanting to put the ornaments that were the same all next to each other. Each morning he was eager to place the next ornament on the advent calendar counting down the days until Jesus' birthday. Here is Garrett adding the star on the tree for Jesus' birthday.
Garrett and I decided we needed to make Jesus a birthday cake so on Christmas Eve I baked the cake and on Christmas morning Garrett and I decorated the cake. He was so proud of his creation!
Tom and I had begun a few traditions since we got married and have carried them on ever since. We always eat orange sweet rolls for breakfast, next read the Christmas story out of Luke, open our stockings, and then onto presents. So naturally that's what we did this year. Garrett was so excited about each aspect of the morning. Here are a few pictures of our Christmas morning.
Once the presents were all opened...of course that meant PLAYTIME! Garrett was so happy to have new toys to try out. He would play with one thing for about a couple minutes then go play with something else for a short bit, and rotate a few minutes here and there on something else and then back again and then repeated. He was a little disappointed to leave his new toys to go to Gommy and Granddaddy's house for Christmas lunch but with much convincing he go over it. :) Gabriela and Sebastian joined us at my parents house for a delicious Christmas feast, fellowship, and of course presents! Garrett enjoyed opening just a few more gifts as well. He even got to play with Granddaddy's train!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment