I was reading one of the magazines I got from church and it had an article about cool affordable summer activities to do at home. So that instantly perked my interest. I had been wanting to get Garrett a small sand and water table so we could have something fun to do outside but never really wanted to spend the money on one and then I came across this great idea...Birdseed! I never would have thought to do this on my own but they suggested to get a container of some sort and fill it up with birdseed and "hide" small objects for your child to find. I thought WOW Garrett will love this! So I ventured out to Walmart and got a plastic shoebox container and filled it up with birdseed and hid a few things in there and put some of our sand toys in there too.
One afternoon after Garrett's nap we ventured outside for snack and some birdseed fun! Oh was this a hit! Of course he had to taste the birdseed but quickly figured out it wasn't worth trying! :) The best part about this is that it doesn't matter if he spills the birdseed because now we have just fed the birds!
Here are a few pictures of our birdseed fun!

It's so cute...he knows exactly what the container looks like and points to it and in his own words tells me he wants to go outside and play with his birdseed ...how fun!!! ...only he likes to play at the hottest, none shady time of day...but we're working on that :)
No comments:
Post a Comment