Here's Tom and Garrett enjoying an airport picnic! It wouldn't have been complete without Garrett's new funny face. :)
The second flight Garrett slept the whole way over, which was a nice break for my arms since we had to contain him on our laps. We landed in Denver and I was expecting to see mountains all around but actually in Denver you could see them in a far distance. It took about 30 min. to get to them and they certainly were breathtaking; and when I say breathtaking I mean while you were driving and looking over the edge of the road! WOW! Never had I seen anything like that before. It was gorgeous and scary all at the same time.
The next day we spent planning the rest of the week. Garrett and Maddie enjoyed playing all around the grown-ups.
On Sunday, Kim, Jimmy, Tom, Garrett, and I drove out to Kremmling to make sure we knew where to go on Monday for our Whitewater rafting trip. It was a pretty drive out there and we even got to enjoy a stroll in downtown Kremmling.
Monday was packed full of fun...to bad I left my camera! We started the day off with an early morning ride to Kremmling (we even got to see a hot air balloon getting ready to take off, pretty neat!) and were preparing ourselves for a ride of a lifetime ~ whitewater rafting Colorado style! This was the first for everyone so needless to say we were all a little nervous. Our guide was awesome and we enjoyed some really good rapids. I'm looking forward to our next rafting experience. Afterwards, Tom's dad met us with the little ones. We rode out to Wolford Mountain Reservoir and rented a pontoon boat where we enjoyed a lovely picnic lunch. Garrett looked so cute in his life preserver, every time he'd try to move he was like what is this? It was priceless. Garrett loved riding on the boat and checking out the scenes and I think we all pretty much did too!
Tuesday we headed down to Winter Park to check out the shops and to enjoy the fresh air. At lunch Garrett got to color his first picture...such a cute memory...he actually colored and didn't try to eat the crayons! :) He also enjoyed a short little nap as Tom and I walked around town.
Wednesday we ventured out with Jimmy and Kimmy to Winter Park resort where the BIG kids went down the Alpine slide while Garrett and I played on the play ground. We all had fun... here are just a few pictures from the day.
Here comes Tom
Watch Out! Here comes Jimmy!
Alpine Slide
After Lunch we headed our way to the Georgetown Loop Train. We made it just in time for the afternoon ride. Garrett was a little nervous about all the noises around him but soon enough he was all about the train.
All Aboard!
Next we ventured out to find some Gold! We headed out to the Argo Tunnel. And of course my camera battery went dead! So I'll post pictures a little later, since Kim let me use her camera :) We got to go into one of the tunnels and then went through the mill and then ended our visit by panning for gold! We all actually got a few specks of real gold! ...don't worry you'll never be able to find where we hid it!

Wednesday was certainly a fun filled day and we all slept really well!
Thursday we all headed back to Winter Park Resort and this time I got a chance to try the Alpine slide. After our sliding fun we did the most scariest thing ever!!! We took Garrett on the scenic chairlift ride...the sign said it was only a 7 min. ride...which we didn't think was too bad but we didn't realize we would be going from elevation 6,000 ft to 10,700 ft. very scary with a wiggle worm. Thankfully Tom had a firm grip on Garrett and he loves the song Jesus Loves Me because I was definitely singing that the whole way up and down! Once we were at the top of the mountain the views were spectacular! Hindsight...the ride was worth it!
The ride up the mountain.
View from the Top!
After a picnic lunch we headed out to Rocky Mountain National Park. Of course once we got into the park, Garrett fell asleep but once we reached the highest point he woke up and got to see some of the prettiest views ever! Enjoy the pictures...but it just doesn't do it justice...it's a must see in person experience!
Snow in July!?!
Mama moose and baby moose
The highest point...elevation around 12,000 ft.
...chilly...
Garrett napping :)
Garrett pointing at the "pupums" aka Elk
...just a few elk...
family picture complete with Jimmy's finger...gotta love Jimmy :)
Colorado was a blast! Looking forward to venturing out there again sometime! Such sweet memories!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment