Monday, July 11, 2011

See Spot Go!

Alright so I'll let a little secret out...well it's not really a big secret but anyways...here it goes... During the summer our county has 2 special book buses.  We call them Spot and Dot.  Instead of people going to the library for books, the books come to you!  I think this is just a great way to keep kids reading.  Well I took Garrett for his first visit on the Spot bus.  He LOVED it.  We timed it perfectly, we got there just as Spot was pulling up and heard his "bark" and knew he was ready for readers.  At first Garrett was a little shy but soon realized there were buckets after buckets full of books.  We went to the book stop at his sitters so he got to see some of his friends too.  He was sad to leave the bus but we made it off with two really cool books. 

The book buses still work out like a library you "check" out the books and then you are to return them either on the bus or there are several book drop offs in a few of the grocery stores in town.  How neat is that!  I just love our little town! :)  See you later Spot!

1 comment: