I am glad we started off our visit with our family with such a precious moment. Over the weeks stay we enjoyed late night talks, good food, and tons of laughter!
We of course HAD to go to Home Depot while Tom's dad was here. :) We were just looking for a tree to plant to grow with Graham but it wasn't the best time for tree planting so we will just have to wait till next spring. So I'm sure all were relieved that we left good ole' Home Depot empty handed! But I did manage to get a 3 generations picture as we were waiting for a huge rain storm to pass.
One day we enjoyed a lovely morning kayak down the James and then met up with Nina, Papa, and the boys at Peaks of Otter for a picnic lunch and scenic drive through the Blue Ridge Mountains. Us "big" kids enjoyed our ride down the James. I would like to say it was a peaceful ride but Jimmy and Kimmy managed to keep us laughing the whole way down! Memories I'll never forget!
We were excited to be greeted by Nina, Papa, and the boys after our adventurous morning on the river. Our picnic lunch was perfect. Yummy food, good conversations, and breathtaking views!
I know Garrett will be in Nina, Papa, Kimmy, and Jimmy withdrawal for a few days. Graham will miss being held just about all day long thanks to Nina and Kimmy! While Tom and I will miss the extra helping hands around our house but we can't wait for the next visit!
No comments:
Post a Comment