Friday, June 3, 2011

It's All about the Strawberries!

For something fun on Memorial day we ventured out to the Strawberry Patch right here in town!  I had heard so many things about it from a few ladies at work, I decided that I need to take my guys out to the patch.  It was a warm morning but just perfect for picking berries.  This was the first time we ever picked berries but it was tons of fun!  The lady told us which row of strawberries to start picking from.   For some reason I thought I could sit Garrett down and he would just watch...oh no...he knew just what to do...taste the strawberries.  Before I knew it Garrett was just shoving the strawberries in one right after another.  While Garrett was taste testing, Tom was busy filling up our tray.  He was just so addicted to finding the perfect strawberry.  So with much convincing that we needed to leave some strawberries for the other customers we checked out and our total came to $19 and all I could think of was what are we going to do with all these strawberries! 




Well you might be wondering what did I do with all the strawberries...well this is just what we did.  I made two strawberries pies (one for us and one to share...well it turned out to be another one for us!), fresh strawberry smoothies for two for 3 mornings, Garrett enjoyed eating about 3-4 each morning and for dessert at dinner, made 4 containers of freezer jam, and then I froze 3 quart size baggies full of strawberries to enjoy later.  Needless to say...we have enjoyed our fresh strawberries!

No comments:

Post a Comment