Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Massanutten Time!

This year Garrett and I headed to Massanutten to spend a week with my parents and nieces.  This was a first in a long time that we went up to Massunutten in the summer time.  Secretly...I think this is the best time to visit!  It's gorgeous being in the mountains in the summer time.  You can take walks, go swimming, and just be outside and it's not too hot or too cold...just perfect!  We were sad to leave Tom behind but he joined up later in the week. 

Our timeshare unit this year was side by side and you could just open one door and you're in the other unit perfect for all of us.  Garrett enjoyed the long hallway to race down to see the girls.  We got there Sunday night and Monday morning Melody and Heather were ready to play with Garrett.  Of course Garrett loved the attention too!  After breakfast, the "girls" all went to The Club for an aerobics class - even Heather and Melody joined in near the end to which all the classmates thought were cute, and the "guys" stayed in and played. 


It almost became instinct that after Garrett's nap we all got ready and headed down to the pool.  Melody was pretty comfortable in the water but Heather was a little apprehensive but Gommy signed them up for swim lessons and that pretty much got the two of them swimming like fish!  Garrett thought that he was just as big as they were and felt like he didn't need his little floaty anymore and several times tried to dive right into the water...talk about scary!  I think Tom and I already have a misplaced fish! :)

Tuesday I took the girls on a scavenger hunt on the bunny slope.  At the nature center they gave you a list of things to find, like something sharp, sticky, petrified, something with a hole in it, etc.  All you had to do was list what you found or put it in a brown paper bag.  Once you found everything you bring it back to the nature center and then you get to pick a prize out of the prize box.  The girls loved it!  We even got back in time for a short nap ourselves before it was pool time!

Each night Gommy would make the girls "dress up" for dinner and Tuesday night the girls were dressed up in matching dresses.  So cute!  Since they were exceptionally beautiful that evening I decided to take them out on the town!  We went to Target!  The girls got to spend a little bit of their own money on anything they wanted...of course we struck it big in the dollar spot at Target. 

The next night after Garrett went to bed I had the girls over on my side for popcorn and a TV show.  We watched House Hunters!  I really enjoyed spending this special time with them.  I am thankful that they were able to spend the week with us. 

Late Thursday night Tom joined us and Garrett was excited to see him on Friday morning.  After breakfast we all piled up in the car and headed down to an old Mill and went to the antique mall in Harrisonburg.  We got to sample some yummy Amish candy and even bring some home!


Saturday Tom and I took Garrett to one of the pools.  We started in the outside pool but shortly made it to the indoor pool.  The pool was a little chilly in the morning.  That afternoon dad and Chere watched Garrett so Tom and I could go on a date. :) We went to Harrisonburg and went to dinner and a movie.  It was nice to catch up after being away. 

Sunday was time for us to head on back home.  Before we headed out we took Garrett to the playground.  He enjoyed "driving" and swinging.  Looking forward to next year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment