Thursday, June 16, 2011

Morning at the Park

The summer has just begun and I'm already looking for different things to do with Garrett during the mornings!  Yesterday I decided to venture out into our small little county and go to one of the parks.  I had never been to this park and suspected the park would be one that would be less popular.  But needless to say we had so much fun the time we spent there.  Garrett enjoyed having free reign to climb on top of everything.  His newest thing is to climb through the bar stools in our kitchen.  He is very careful lifting his legs to crawl over and through the two chairs.  Once he is through the chairs he rewards himself by going to the snack cabinet and finding the perfect snack until mean Mama comes and shuts the door.  (I guess we should install the cabinet locks soon!)  Anyways on to our park day... here are a few pictures to capture our first park visit of the summer. 

Garrett enjoyed swinging and a few times I left him in his swing and I went to the "big kid" swing right next to him.  He thought that was funny watching mommy swing! 

Swings Rock!

Next we "walked" to the small slide where Garrett enjoyed climbing the steps and then we went down the slide a few times.  He loved climbing up the slide which if my second graders were at the park they would have tattled on Garrett for doing so. :) I do have to admit I felt a little guilty letting Garrett use the slide the wrong way...but we can correct that later when he gets older :) haha


Garrett was very interested in the tire chips.  He did try on several occasions to taste these tiny black pieces of mystery but after about the third time I think he caught on that they don't belong in his mouth...maybe...we'll see on our next visit!

Peek-a-Boo I see you...this was also the perfect spot to drop tire chips through the holes.  He would actually crawl around to get a tire chip then go to the front and then toss them through the hole.  We enjoyed our morning at the park...looking forward to many more!



No comments:

Post a Comment