I couldn't wait to see Garrett's reaction to the huge Elephant in the lobby. When I was growing up that was one of my favorite parts of the museum and back then they had little telephones you would pick up and they would tell you facts about the elephant.
They had a new exhibit about Ocean Life. Garrett loved looking in the coral reef tank. They had tons of little Nemos and Doras. As you can see it was kind of hard taking a picture with Garrett because he had his eyes on the colorful fish.
Next we ventured over to the animals and Garrett loved checking out the all big animals. He didn't know what quite to do about the big brown bear but he didn't mind touching the paws. :)
Of course we ended our visit with the Dinosaurs. Tom's favorite and I'm sure it will become Garrett's sooner than later.
Next we made it to the American History Museum. Tom and I each picked an exhibit to look at; I picked the First Ladies dresses and Tom wanted to check out the exhibit on Transportation. It was a really neat exhibit you got to see the progression of transportation over time. Lastly we went and walked around Georgetown. We even saw Georgetown Cupcakes from DC Cupcakes on TLC. I would have like to try a cupcake but we were not feeling the long line :( Maybe another time! :)
On Sunday we woke up and enjoyed a lovely pancake breakfast at McDonald's, Garrett's favorite breakfast!!! Then we headed back into the city and went to the Air and Space Museum and checked out the cool planes.
We enjoyed our little weekend get-away and look forward to our next visit to the BIG city! :)
Great pictures!! I love the Smithsonians!
ReplyDelete