Tuesday, July 6, 2010

* * * Bee Stings * * *

Garrett and I were getting ready to go grocery shopping and we were walking out to the car and all of a sudden I heard Garrett scream! I looked down into his car carrier and a BEE was on top of his head! I tried to shoo the bee away but he wouldn't move so I had to pull the bee off of Garrett's head. I was so scared. I never heard Garrett scream and cry like that before. I quickly got him out of his car seat and held him and he finally calmed down and closed his eyes and went to sleep, which made me even more scared. I called Tom and then the doctors. The nurse told me to make a baking soda paste and put it on the sting. As soon as I put the paste on, Garrett seemed to relax even more. Luckily he did not have an allergic reaction this time...we just got to really watch out the next time he gets stung...which hopefully will not be anytime soon!
After we both settled down, we started our shopping day! He did pretty well grocery shopping despite his rough start. Here are a few pictures after our traumatic day.
Garrett taking a little cat nap before daddy gets home. You can still see a little bit of the baking soda on top of his head.

Garrett enjoying his ocean mat and pulling on the fish. Looking forward to the time when he can reach and grab on the fish with out our help! Whew what a day! ...little did Garrett know at that time next week he would be getting his 2 month shots :( I guess the bee sting was just practice.

1 comment: