Wednesday, July 7, 2010

~ Date Night ~

Last Saturday was our first date night since Garrett's been born. Gommy and Granddaddy came to babysit Garrett and keep Lance company for the evening. Tom and I went to a wedding of a teacher at my school. It took a lot to get myself ready to leave Garrett for the evening. Being a teacher, I left "sub" plans for Gommy to get through the evening. I knew she already knew what to do but it just made me feel better to leave something written down. We left while Garrett was still napping and got back just in time for his last feeding for the evening.
Lance I'm sure enjoyed the company of Gommy and Granddaddy. Chere said they had tons of fun watching little man and they couldn't believe how much he likes to smile.
Tom and I enjoyed our evening together too. On the way to the wedding we couldn't believe it was just us two in the car. We were thinking when the last time was when it was just us two in the car and it was on the way to the hospital! We both did pretty good about not worrying about Garrett too too much. I just had to keep reminding myself that if something was wrong or they needed something they would call. I look forward to another date night and I'm sure dad and Chere do too! :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad you were able to get out for your friend's wedding :)

    ReplyDelete