We arrived early in Aruba and enjoyed a lovely boat ride out for snorkeling and then to the Antilla shipwreck for more snorkeling. The best part of this snorkel trip was that they had a slide you could slide down to get in the water. I am not all that adventurous but I thought that taking the slide would be pretty neat so to Tom's surprise that was the way I choose to get in the water!
~Tom getting ready to snorkel!
The water was pretty warm and the fish were beautiful. This was the first time we had been snorkeling and seeing something other than fish. The shipwreck was interesting to look at and much better in person than the pictures convey. When we first got in the water at the shipwreck we saw tons of scuba divers, which was interesting to see too. Maybe next time we'll venture into the world of scuba...which we hear so much about!
Once we got back from the ship we enjoyed a short lunch but were blessed with the company of an older gentleman. I sadly don't remember his name but our conversation still is in my memory. He travels alone now which leads me to believe that he's a widower but I am so pleased to know that he is still out enjoying life. He had been to Aruba before and where we were sitting on the ship eating lunch we were looking out onto the town. He was telling us about all the different places to go look at after we finished eating. We enjoyed our lunch together and then went our seperate ways. Tom and I decided to take his advice and "travel" the town. We went to this rocky inlet to see the lizards sunny themselves just like the man told us about. We even checked out a few of the shops he had pointed out.
We got to see our lunch friend just about everyday from a distance. He always had his camera around his neck with the hugest smile possible ready to explore and enjoy life!
So long Aruba...see you sometime!
No comments:
Post a Comment